The Ultimate Guide of 3D ToF in People Counting
Sep 08, 2023
people-counting is crucial in commercial planning and public place management. With proper people count, retail stores can optimize their layouts; event organizers can enhance security, governments can manage public transportation, etc. Simply put, there are endless applications of people-counting. All it requires is the accurate counting of people in the designated area. This is where 3D ToF technology comes into action.
3D Time-of-Flight technology provides a precise and real-time solution to capture and count people in a given space. In this article, we will discuss in detail the application of 3D ToF in people-counting and how the Vzense people-counting solution facilitates the whole process.
How Does Time-of-Flight Technology Work?
The time-of-flight technology works on the principle of measuring the time it takes for light to travel to the object/human and reflect back. Below are the main steps that reflect the working of 3D time-of-flight camera technology:
A ToF light source emits light into the surroundings. Once the light pulse encounters an object/human, it reflects back toward the ToF sensor. The ToF sensor calculates the time difference between the time it takes for the light pulse to travel to the object and the time it takes to return after reflection. Based on the time difference, it calculates the distance. The above steps are repeated continuously, making the ToF sensor create a 3D map of the space and precisely calculate and monitor the movements.
This way, ToF technology is able to accurately monitor its surroundings in real-time.
Advantages of Vzense people-counting Solution
Vzense is one of the leading providers of 3D ToF technology solutions to fulfill the needs of almost any people-counting system. Below are the key advantages you get with our top-notch people-counting solution:
1. Privacy Protection: Our 3D ToF technology does not capture the faces of individuals. It serves as an anonymous solution but still delivers accurate counting results.
2. Flexible to Various Lighting Environments: The 3D ToF camera shows strong light change adaptability. It can work proficiently in strong lighting and darkness without compromising the count accuracy.
3. Wide Field of View (FOV): Vzense 3D ToF supports a wide Field of View (FOV) to provide extensive coverage. This helps in crowded or dynamic environments to avoid skipping individuals in the count.
4. Accuracy and Efficiency: Our 3D ToF solution showcases a high frame rate of up to 30fps, a working range of 0.16-6 meters, high precision, and top-notch accuracy. It ensures efficient performance no matter the assigned designated area.
5. Real-time Tracking: The 3D ToF camera provides real-time tracking for both in and out at the same time. This precise movement tracking helps in detailed management plans.
Vzense DCAM550 – The Ideal people-counting 3D ToF Camera
DCAM550 is our standout instrument for people-counting systems. It comes in three variants, i.e., DCAM550-P, DCAM550-E, and DCAM550-U. Powered through a Nuvoton pulse iToF chip, this depth sensor camera features a 30fps frame rate, 69°(H) 51°(V) FOV, 0.35-6m working range, and plenty of other feature-rich capabilities.
DCAM550 showcases strong environment robustness and long-distance measurement. Its powerful capabilities make it ideal for people-counting at supermarkets to monitor peak shopping hours, determine crowded places, optimize store layouts, and more. Besides that, it is also best suited for railway station people-counting systems for crowd control and safety.
Besides top-notch features, another benefit brought by DCAM550 is its extendable Field of View (FOV). It can extend its FOV from 69°(H) 51°(V) to 102°(H) 85°(V), which is customizable. In short, DCAM550 is an ideal, high-quality 3D ToF camera that provides accuracy and outclass performance in almost any people-counting system.
people-counting solutions have long been used for strategic planning and crowd management. However, technological advancements have made it more efficient, accurate, and autonomous. Vzense makes it an even more hassle-free process with its compact 3D ToF camera solutions. Our DCAM550 is designed to provide the precision, working range, FOV, and frame rate to count people with utmost accuracy. So, check out more about DCAM550 and see how it fits well with your system.
Scan code concern